Marketing 2014: A Call To Apps.
February 19, 2014
A few utilities that let you work smarter and faster
This new year is already flying by, Marketers! If your resolution for 2014 is excellence in execution and improving efficiency and effectiveness, this tools are something you want to gather into your Marketer's Toolbox.
- Paparazzi! — Anyone needing to take a screenshot of the entire webpage, possibly in high resolution? Paparazzi! can give you the ultimate screenshot. It's a handy little app (available on MAC only) that grabs screenshots of full webpages. You just need to add the URL and Paparazzi brings up the page in a mini-browser, saves the file in a preferred format (TIFF, JPEG, PDF, PNG), with a custom name and lets you even share it via email and social media. Download the app here.
- Google Chat & Adium — Google Chat is one of the most effective ways to share information quickly and keep track of tasks in your inbox without the email clutter. If you don't want to (or can't!) wait for the email to get to your inbox, Google Chat can help. And you don't need to keep your browser open if you download Adium (for MAC). The green bird integrates with several messenger services and has been keeping people effective and efficient for some years now.
- Mozilla Firefox & its add-ons— Mozilla is a great resource and has thousands of add-ons available; two real gems are the Video DownloadHelper (around since 2009), the easy way to download and convert web videos; and Webpage DOM Color Analyzer, which is able analyze the colors on any page on the web. It will give you a color palette for the selected page, and list each color with values and CSS selectors it's associated with.
- Google Drive App — If you want to be able to access your files from anywhere, put files in Google Drive and you can access them on your desktop, mobile phone, tablet, and drive.google.com. If you make a change, it automatically updates everywhere. You can download it here.
- PassPack — Working on multiple client projects requires organization and collaboration. Setting up accounts and credentials for client projects transferring them during the course of a project is common and with PassPack it is secure and simple.
Blue Sky Marketing is all about technology and finding ways to get the most out of every minute of our work day, regardless of our schedule or time zone.
If you are looking for a partner in online marketing strategy, LinkedIn for business development, marketing strategy development, email marketing and website development, contact us to see how we can help.
- Smart Recorder Lite - Smart Recorder is a full-featured recorder that can help you with high quality recordings during meetings, interviews, to do lists and much more.
Explore our Blog