Tips for Dental Marketing Online
May 05, 2020
Your future patients are looking for you online - are they able to find you? If you’re looking to build a digital marketing strategy to improve the visibility of your dental practice, read on to see our tips to succeed.
Digital Marketing Strategy for Dentists
1. What is your specialty? Make sure your prospective patients find you by optimizing your website and profiles with specific keywords.
“Near Me” searches are the king of local search. Make sure your website and online profiles are optimized to be found by patients in your area.
- Affordable dentistry near me
- Family dentistry near me
- Pediatric dentistry near me
- Dentist near me
- Orthodontist near me
Does your office provide key services? Make sure to include them in your website copy and metadata (not sure that that is? Just ask us). Make it easy for your prospective patients to know exactly what specialized services you offer by using the search terms they’re already using.
- Emergency dental services
- Dental care for kids
- Pediatric dental office
- Professional teeth whitening
- Wisdom teeth extraction
Don’t forget variations of search terms to use as keywords, as this can vary for each user. For example:
- Family dentist
- Family dental
- Family dentists
2. Make it easy for your patients to find you - if you don't have a Google My Business profile, you don't exist.
Google My Business (GMB) is a free service that allows you to control how your business is presented in Google Search and Google Maps. Let’s face it: your patients are online AND using Google for researching services online. Dental services are no exception. GMB helps your future patients find your location, business hours, call, see photos, and later navigate from their home to your office.
One of GMB’s most important functions is to showcase user reviews, and with nearly 63% of online searches stating that reviews are extremely important, you need a strategy to address all reviews made about your business online.
3. Check on your Profiles with HealthGrades, ZocDoc, Google My Business, and Yelp.
Speaking of online reviews, research shows that 82% of consumers read online reviews for local businesses, and the average consumer reads 10 reviews before they feel like they can trust a business. This means that when your future patients Google search your practice or physician’s name, what your current patients are saying about you on trusted sites like Healthgrades, ZocDoc, and Yelp matter A LOT.
Audit your online identity - thank users for positive reviews, and, more importantly, address all negative reviews. People want to see how a local business addresses a negative review. Our partner HubSpot offers a great guide on responding to negative reviews.
Pro tip: Try Yelp! PPC ads to show up when a patient searches for Dentists near them.
4. Don't forget digital marketing for patients over 50
According to Pew, 62% of users 65+ and 72% of 50 to 64-year olds use Facebook. Test Facebook Ads to reach this target audience and make sure you have a solid landing page for your visits to learn more about your practice as well as contact you for an appointment.
The CDC says that, “Because Medicare does not cover routine dental care, older adults may have trouble accessing appropriate dental care.” What messages can you include in your digital ads and website to offer value to this audience?
5. Once you have a lead, nurture them by leveraging your knowledge to educate and share valuable content on social media and email.
Are you keeping up with your email list and social media followings? These leads are invaluable, and retaining your patients is just as important as gaining new ones. Your dental digital marketing strategy should include communicating with them regularly.
- Send a quarterly newsletter with information
- Create an email campaign to send automatic email reminders for appointments
- Post valuable content to social media, such as an infographic on how to brush your teeth
- Add fun and engaging content to Facebook or Instagram stories demonstrating proper dental hygiene
- Share a post that shows your team’s human side or expertise
How can you keep your existing audience informed, engaged, and delighted with your practice?
Sounds Like a Lot? We’ve Got You
Blue Sky Marketing is a highly-experienced team that knows the ins and outs of local digital marketing. If you need help building and executing a digital marketing strategy for your dental practice, reach out. Let’s talk about you.
Click here to get started.
Free SEO Audit
Are your patients finding your competitors before they find you? Claim your free, no-obligation SEO audit to see where you stand against your competitors online.